A Little About Me....

My photo
Like many of you I am a busy mom...a SAHM. I certainly keep busy with my 101 hobbies. I plan to start preschool at home this fall with my daughter. I taught elementary school and have a Master's degree in Reading. I miss teaching, but look forward to homeschool.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Goodness Gracious We've Been Busy!


The last 2 weeks have really been a challenge for us with so much party preparation and vacation, but we have managed to do some really fun things together. Katie and I are completely off schedule or I should say..out of our routine. I am hoping to get back on track. Tomorrow will be another fun and crazy day though so, we will just have to see. This is "G" week.
Our memory verse is "God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1
Katie has learned the first 5 verses, but not last week's yet. It was a long one, but I confident that it is planted deep in her heart. I pray everyday that God's word will sink deep in her heart and that when she is older the verses will come naturally to her. She is a precious child and I cherish the role I have as her mom. What a great responsibility that God has given to me!
We started BSF this past week. I am absolutely thrilled! I have dreamt for years that one day I would take my child to BSF. Bible Study Fellowship is a fairly academic bible study with a four fold measure of learning. My favorite part right now (as mom) is that Katie is learning the same lesson that I am each week. WOW! Wednesday was our Bible lesson day (which I planned) and now she gets to go to her own class. Her and I will still be reading her Bible with her and learning verses, but she will now be going to BSF.
Our Art activity this week will be glitter glue. Oooh fun!
I have not decided on a recipe yet because our week is a little mixed up. I am thinking something granola?!?!
For science we will play with gravity. FUN!
This weekend we are going to Grammy and Pop Pop's house for Grammy's birthday! We have 2 more weeks of busy and then things should slow down a bit...until the holidays begin.
Have fun this week and check back later. I will update again this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment