A Little About Me....

My photo
Like many of you I am a busy mom...a SAHM. I certainly keep busy with my 101 hobbies. I plan to start preschool at home this fall with my daughter. I taught elementary school and have a Master's degree in Reading. I miss teaching, but look forward to homeschool.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Peaceful Plans

Visiting my parents in Daytona Beach is a regular thing since I am an only child and this little princess is an only grandchild (for now). Katie loves the beach and that is where this photo was taken. She was perched on top of her Pop Pop's shoulders for a ride. I love her expression. She doesn't have a care in the world. She is just simply enjoying the wind through her hair and the sun on her head. I have to remind myself how sweet she can be since she is 2 and a little tricky some days.

I have decided on some preschool plans for in the Fall. I am planning on starting our new routine in August. I am basically creating my own homemade version of preschool. Okay so why reinvent the wheel? Because I like my "wheel"!!!

See as mom I already have a full plate....don't you? I do laundry, I make meals, I make beds, give baths, sort clutter, check email, and shop. I keep very busy. Adding school to the mix is sure to throw something off. This is why I must ease into this slowly.

My preschool plan is mostly for me. She does not understand the structure of our day. But, I need a plan. My schedule will help me fit the teaching in our day. I have to be able to do it all! Super MOM!!!!!!!! Okay so maybe not, but I am still going to try.

Here's the plan in a nutshell. I wrote down my objectives. This is a list of things I want Katie to learn this coming year. Then I organized those ideas. I have 5 groupings which are math concepts, reading readiness skills, art, science, and Bible. I decided that I could manage one activity per day. I really don't want this to stress her or I out. I am corresponding a letter of the alphabet with each week. So the first week we will working with the letter A. My activities will all involve the letter A. Our recipe that week will be applesauce. I will post each weeks plans the week before. I am still trying to complete the 26 weeks worth of plans.

We are going to have so much fun. I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment