A Little About Me....

My photo
Like many of you I am a busy mom...a SAHM. I certainly keep busy with my 101 hobbies. I plan to start preschool at home this fall with my daughter. I taught elementary school and have a Master's degree in Reading. I miss teaching, but look forward to homeschool.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Are You Excited For "E" Week?


We are excited for "E" week. I have to tell you that "D" week did not go as well as the 3 previous weeks. We had a few interruptions in our schedule and took time to do some non-d related activities.

We took a walk almost every morning. We made donuts. Katie drew letters during her bubble bath. We read books. I told her about David and Goliath. She was a David fan immediately as she does not like giants. We read in her children's Bible all the stories about David. Katie counted on her calendar and can now count to 31 with minimal, if no help. I plan to teach her to count backwards and then by two's. I wrote all that to explain that we did do learning, but it varied a little from my normal planned week and I think that is okay.

I have a feeling this week is going to be a little off too. It is "E" week. I am excited to finally know what I am going to teach her that starts with the letter "E".

Memory verse:

"Encourage one another, while it is still today." Hebrews 3:13

Monday: Recipe: Easy cake cookies ( I will post the recipe later.)
Tuesday: Art: edible play-doh (peanut-butter play-doh)
Wednesday: Bible lesson: Eve
Thursday: Language: beginning sounds "e" and reading
Friday: Science: elephants (Since Katie loves them we can learn more about them.)

Some of our everyday activities include: taking a walk and talking about anything new we see, calendar math, reading books, watching Leap Frog Word Making Factory video, saying our memory verse and practicing our old ones, playing games like Memory and Candyland, and cutting and pasting.

I hope you have a great "E" week. May it be exciting, energizing, easy, effective, enlightening, enjoyable, excellent and extraordinary!

No comments:

Post a Comment