A Little About Me....

My photo
Like many of you I am a busy mom...a SAHM. I certainly keep busy with my 101 hobbies. I plan to start preschool at home this fall with my daughter. I taught elementary school and have a Master's degree in Reading. I miss teaching, but look forward to homeschool.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Beautiful Day!

Today was such a great day I have to brag (just a little). I am not sure if it is considered bragging when your child learns how to do something that you have been teaching them, but it feels so good to see growth. I am just beaming with excitement for my little precious one.

Last week we started our homeschool preschool plans and it went well. Each day I lead our lessons, but it is such a basic set of skills that I wonder if I am really doing anything. Also since it seems so much like play I am not sure if my "teaching plan" is teaching her anything of value.

I suppose all I needed was to see some growth. But how can I expect to see growth after nine days?

This morning was just beautiful. We did our language and reading skills lesson. There were a few moments of frustration on my part...not Katie. But soon after we completed the lessons I thought we should recite our memory verse. Last week she said the verse with me and it has pretty much been the same this week. I figured by December she would figure out that it was a "memory" verse and she would remember it.

Surprise, Surprise!

My little pumpkin, who is still officially 2 for about 6 weeks, knows her first memory verse!!!!!

All I did was ask her if she wanted to say her memory verse and out of her mouth comes the verse from last week. Honestly, I hadn't even mentioned that one this week. Maybe on Monday, but we have been focusing on this weeks verse because I didn't want to confuse her.

I have been praying that God would planted His word in her heart and I would faithfully give her the verses each week. I know that God's word is being firmly planted in her heart. She has even related her Bible and memory verse to prayer. She was able to learn what a blessing is this week. That was our Bible lesson on Wednesday. Katie told me that her blankie and her clothes are a blessing along with every person in her life that she can name. I know she makes God smile.

You would think I won the lottery I am so excited. It is a big deal not only to see your child learn and grow, but to have an open heart towards God and the things of God. That is my purpose on Earth...to advance God's kingdom. I feel that my calling right now in life is towards my family which I hope will be growing in the near future. (Calm down, there are no double pink lines over here yet, just praying and waiting.)

Thank you Lord for such a beautiful day!

1 comment: