A Little About Me....

My photo
Like many of you I am a busy mom...a SAHM. I certainly keep busy with my 101 hobbies. I plan to start preschool at home this fall with my daughter. I taught elementary school and have a Master's degree in Reading. I miss teaching, but look forward to homeschool.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Mmmm.....Cake!

Today's cake making experience was interesting to say the least. We do in fact have a cake, but it was not any easy day. We had a lot of crying. Let's just say it was a small catastrophe. To start off Katie fell off the kitchen stool (landing on her feet-no injuries) and when she fell the plastic white bowl and the 3 uncracked eggs went with her. She looked at the eggs splattered on the floor and then at me. With confusion on her face I placed her on the couch and told her to watch her show while I cleaned up the mess. She then burst into tears and repeatedly told me that she was sorry. I was not upset with her at all. I just wanted to clean the mess. Poor kiddo! Then the cake bakes and Katie takes her nap. When she wakes up it is time to decorate the cake. I trim the top of the cake so it would be a nice flat surface. I let Katie eat some pieces of the cake "scraps". She was so happy. I saw her grab some more as I went to get a plate. When I looked back she had taken a fist full of cake out of the side of the cake! I guess I scared her, but I didn't mean to. I told her she was supposed to eat the cake on the plate...not grab the whole cake. Poor baby, she lost it again. With cake in her mouth she began sobbing. Again, I wasn't upset with her, but she knew that she did something wrong. I got her some cold milk and talked her down from her pitiful state. Then we decorated the cake. It turned out so cute! She was very proud of her cake and couldn't wait to show her daddy. Yay for cake!

Our cake mix....

Katie adding the mix to the bowl.....

Ta-da!
It was very colorful and yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute & fun! Your blog is such a refreshing look at how we can enjoy our kids & have fun days by doing even the simplest of tasks. Having some cake mix & icing would turn a blah day into a FUNfetti of a day without even having to leave the house! Thanks for the reminder to enjoy the simple things!

    ReplyDelete