A Little About Me....

My photo
Like many of you I am a busy mom...a SAHM. I certainly keep busy with my 101 hobbies. I plan to start preschool at home this fall with my daughter. I taught elementary school and have a Master's degree in Reading. I miss teaching, but look forward to homeschool.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

This week we are doing activities that start with the letter "B". I started my day with coffee and Breakfast Bread (from Publix). Katie watched Dumbo (not a "b" but fun). Katie played with beads and made a bracelet. We read many books; including Biscuit and her Rhyme Bible. Later we painted with the beads completing 4 bead art paintings. Tonight after finishing the banana pudding Katie and I took a bubble bath. Soaking in the suds was a peaceful way to end our day. I am realizing more and more as each day passes that my baby girl is actually a big girl now.
Here's a bowl of beads. She filled it as full as she could.....and only spilled it a few times!

Katie spent a lot of time looking at her beads. When she found the heart shaped one she held it up and said, "look mommy a heart....WOW!" Rereading that sure doesn't sound that cute, but it was! Everything is new and fresh when you are two.

Katie sharpened her fine motor skills today. She spent about 20 minutes just sorting and stringing her beads. She made a bracelet and I made one for her too. She really wanted mommy to play with the beads.

Of course mommy had to spell out her name and take a picture. (I love my new camera!) She liked it so much that I made a bracelet out of it. Who knew beads could make someone so happy?

Katie recognizes her name in print so when I put her name together in her bracelet she was thrilled.
Next, I showed Katie how to paint with beads. We put beads in cups with a small amount of paint. Then I put the beads on paper in a metal baking pan. Katie held each side and watched them roll around.

We did this 4 times because she had so much fun playing with it. Pretty hard to believe, but I did this with her (she is 2 by the way) and we did NOT make a mess at all. It was neat and tidy. My mom would be proud. If you plan to do this with your kiddo make sure you use plastic cups and spoons. It makes clean up much easier.


Ta-Da!
Here are her four prints and she has already told me who gets each one!

2 comments:

  1. I hope we're on the list! HA :) Sounds like fun! We went for a walk today...BLAH. It was hot, but we did it...wanna do a 5K with us in a month? I'll probably walk a lot of it, but I gotta have a goal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, sure, uhh maybe but that is Katie's birthday party weekend. Let me think about it. I do need to do something to get motivated. Not really to lose weight, but just to be healthy and fit. And actually Katie did tell me that the tan colored painting was for you and Edgar. I will be mailing it to you. I thought it was neat that you were on the special list. At first I didn't get one. They were for Grammy/Pop Pop, Abuela/Abuelo, Rochel/Edgar, and then Daddy. I convinced her that if it was for Daddy it was also for me. Oh well, it's okay that I am not always her favorite person. She loves me!

    ReplyDelete