A Little About Me....

My photo
Like many of you I am a busy mom...a SAHM. I certainly keep busy with my 101 hobbies. I plan to start preschool at home this fall with my daughter. I taught elementary school and have a Master's degree in Reading. I miss teaching, but look forward to homeschool.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Budding Artist

Today, as planned, we did Apple prints. For all the mommies who thought, "Apple prints..??..??" This is what they are. You cut an Apple in half sideways not up and down. This creates a star in the center. Then choose your paint colors. I let Katie pick the colors today. She chose colors that compliment each other. We basically stamped apples all over the paper.

I taped the paper to the table and let her go. She would have done more, but we ran out a places to put wet painted paper.

It was not as messy as you may think.

I found this Pier 1 Imports frame at a yard sale a few months back. It has a slit in the back so I can easily change out her artwork. I think I will cut up the prints and make stationery for Katie. She can use it to send letters to her grandparents.
Tomorrow we are learning about Abraham not Adam. I just found more resources at the last minute. So can I be flexible? Of course! I also have to change my Friday plans. Instead of going to the Aquarium we will stay home and learn about Animals.


2 comments:

  1. Super cute! I like the frame. That's such a good idea. I'll have to get a frame for Eli that we can switch stuff out of when he starts to color :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I put her artwork on the fridge, but this seems more special for her to see her framed artwork. She was so proud. Now if we can just get is hung in her room!

    ReplyDelete