A Little About Me....

My photo
Like many of you I am a busy mom...a SAHM. I certainly keep busy with my 101 hobbies. I plan to start preschool at home this fall with my daughter. I taught elementary school and have a Master's degree in Reading. I miss teaching, but look forward to homeschool.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Monkey Business!

This is a pictureless Blog!
Not because I didn't take pictures, but because there are no pictures!

I took a lot of pictures; cute pictures, cutting pictures, pouring pictures, mixing pictures, and even sneaky-eating-a-Banana pictures.

But for some reason there are no pictures on my memory card. So perhaps I did something wrong with the new camera.

I am boggled, bewildered, and bummed. Like my use of "B" words?

Perhaps I should "Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10
Because really it doesn't matter in the large scheme of things. But imagine doing a photo shoot. You are excited to see your pictures and for no explainable reason....there are no pictures. I feel deflated and droopy!

So since a picture is worth a thousand words....I will write all about our Monkey Business! Katie and I set out to make banana pudding. I actually found a banana pudding mix. Usually I have to buy vanilla pudding and add bananas. We made the pudding. Katie cut open the packages and shook the powder into the glass bowl. Then I measured the milk and we poured it in the mix. After measuring and mixing in four cups of cold milk we started slicing the bananas. The pudding needed to set for 5 minutes anyway. Katie used her cute little pink polka knife to cut the bananas. She did so great. Then while I snapped the imaginary pictures I caught her sneaking slices of banana in her mouth. I just kept snapping the pictures and couldn't wait to see them. Of course I will never see them except in my head! We then added Nilla wafers to the trifle bowl. Katie wanted to eat them. So she did! Then I poured in half of the banana pudding, added some sliced bananas and more cookies. Finally I poured the rest of the pudding on top. I placed a few cookies on top so it would look pretty. It does look pretty, but can't show you and I think you know why.

Then I gave Katie a bowl of our banana deliciousness. She is a 2 year old and a picky eater these days. Due to that, she ate some and then played with it. She did like it, but not all mixed together. She wanted to eat bananas, pudding, whipped cream, and cookies without any of it touching. Ummm, I just went with it. Afterall, this is ALL for her anyway. I want her to have the experience to learn and enjoy. And, although I thoroughly enjoy doing cute activities with her, in the end it is not for me, but for her.

Katie got to measure, mix, cut, stir, and follow directions. I am very happy about how our morning went. I sit saddened that we don't have the cute pictures to show for it, but I didn't miss the experience while I was taking pictures. I just want to relive the experience and share it because it was so precious.

My little curly-headed cutie had fun and learned a lot!

Be happy, be flexible, be encouraged!

1 comment:

  1. try checking the memory on your actual camera rather than on the card. This happened to my mom once, and she found the pictures on the camera-usually a camera has a very small memory right on the camera itself. OR, sometimes your memory stick creates a new folder somehow...open your card up using 'explore' (right click the windows button, go to explore, and everythingcomes up, and then look at your card that way.) Just a though :) Wish I was eating banana pudding...eggs and bagel for lunch...Cut Eli down to nursing 3 times today...going well so far. Okay...this is the longest comment ever...I should stop :)

    ReplyDelete